Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two Cool!


I have two cool things to share today!

FIRST- Remember when I said I expected forsythia blooms in a few "weeks"? It was more like a few "days"! The first blossoms opened a week after bringing them in.

SECOND- I just discovered blog slurping by Blurb. Blurb is a self publishing site where you can create and publish your own books. Blog slurping is something new that they have introduced that allows you to import your blog and have it published as a book. What is great, is the flexibility you have in making it the way you want it, and at the same time how user friendly it is.

Select which posts, whether you want comments included, and if you want hyperlinks included as foot notes. There are 14 or so different themes to choose from (similar to a blog skin) and over 75 different layouts. Don't like the layout of an individual post? Select another template and it will automatically arrange everything for you. Or, for those more creative than I, you can manually do all your layouts yourself.

When you are done, you have it printed. A 40 page soft cover book is $13. But, there are hard cover options, and the possibility of a book 440 pages thick, as well. And you can include it in their "bookstore" if you'd like. So all your loyal fans (friends and family?) can order a copy of their own.

I recently was worried about the future of my blog and whether it would "last" or eventually disappear into cyberspace. And I have done such a lousy job of scrapbooking or making baby books for my kids. Now I can make a "real life" copy of my blog, and even make individual books for my kids with the posts that pertain to them. I am very excited about this!

Learn more here.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea! Thanks for passing it along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about 2/3 done with my blog book on blurb. Their software is so easy to work with. I actually did a quick vacation book with them to see what the quality of the book was like. Gor-geous! You couldn't scrapbook all of the stuff we've all got in our blogs for a fraction of the price. Blurb is fabulous!
    -Jessica
    .... and I absolutely can't wait to see your forsythia blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your forsythia...and to buy your book!!! I will be the first in line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, thanks, I've been looking for something like this! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see your book.

    And I am glad your forsythia Spring experiment worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea! Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for the comments on my blog. Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever reads. :)

    ReplyDelete