Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Famous In My Own Lunchtime

Code Yellow Mom tagged me for this meme which originated in New Zealand. If you are into meme history, (And, really, who isn't?) you can check out the original here.

I like when my friends ask me to play, so here goes:

What do you like most about where you live?

I've tried not to be too specific about where I live. And although I could say all kinds of specific things about the city and state where I live, I think I will keep this a bit broader. What do I like most about living in the East, to be exact. I can only narrow it down to three, or maybe four:

The History: the way people lived, the clothing they wore, the buildings they lived in, the ships they sailed in, the brave and amazing things they accomplished, and of course, early church history. Also, the things they left behind in the form of Antiques.

The Diverse and Delicious Food

The Stately and Elegant Architecture. Not just as evidence of history, but also because of how aesthetically pleasing I find it.

Is there anything strange about where you live? Roads seem to be laid out by evil 5 year olds drawing on maps with crayons. There is no other explanation for traffic "circles" and "jug handles".

What's one of your all time favorite music albums, and why? The pressure is on to pick something really cool and impressive so I can wow you all with my musical tastes. Too bad. I pick The Nylon's Happy Together. Because that's what DH and I were when we used to sing along to it and kiss good bye when we were dating.

Did you have a passion for something as a kid that you still have now? (If not - what is one of your passions now?) Besides berry pie a la mode, I'd have to say reading. I don't read as often as I did as a kid, mostly because my passion is so life interfering. When I read, I want to do nothing else till the book is done. But when I do allow myself a good read, it is delicious!

What do you like most about having a blog? I feel less guilt about not scrapbooking or journaling. And it's fun! I also like staying in touch with family, and of course all the MOF's (or is it MOLFs?) I've made. I don't really think of it as an opportunity to increase my writing skills or express myself, because my writing style is so casual and my in real life expressiveness is strong. Just ask my DH and his tired ears. Oh, and obviously I find some kind of recreational value in copying and pasting link locations!

Now I'm going to tag a prolific blogger, Stephanie, so she can avoid any guilt over "I don't know what to post about" issues.

And a blogger who hasn't posted in awhile, Merv.

A blogger I've been reading for a long time, Lei.

And a blogger I've recently found, Sketchy.

And anyone else who want to come out and play!

6 comments:

  1. I loved that Nylons album! I had forgotten all about that. It was so fun to sing along with.

    We lived in the East for a couple of years (D.C.) and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about getting into a good book. It's hard to focus on anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jug handles are a traffic nightmare. As you approach an intersection, wanting to go left, you realize it has a jug handle, and instead of being in the left lane you should be in the right. Because to make a left turn you have to go through the intersection and make a right onto a "jug handle" and then wait through another light to turn right onto the road you were wanting to turn left onto. (Only now, right is the way you have to turn to be going that left.) It's kind of like those loops you do to enter freeways. Sound confusing? Exactly my point. And if you are unfamiliar to the area and the jug handles existence it can really screw you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cool! You tagged me...can I just copy and paste everything you said, lol...it's pretty close to what I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. lunchtime result

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is tbe best bog post to read best contetn
    UAE Safari

    ReplyDelete